Saturday 11 September 2010

My name is Chicky, and I am an addict...

...to nail polish that is.

In particular, to OPI nail polish. 

I can't remember when my addiction began, or why, but it's been on-going for a few years now.  I buy a couple of new ones each month (this is a limit I have had to set myself as for a while, it was more like 6.  Eek!)

I must have about 80 in my collection now, and one day I will count them all and create a more organised and efficient storage system as currently they are kept like this:




It might not look much in the pic, but that is a Soap & Glory Hat Box from last Christmas and it's pretty huge!

I started off with pinks and purples but now I will consider anything.  I love brights and glitters (both alone and together!)



This is blurry on purpose to show the different colours of the glitter.  True to it's name 'Golden Rainbow' is very special, and quite hard to find nowadays.  This is definitely a layering polish and looks good over almost anything from black, to purple to orange.  It came from the Reflection Glitters collection a few years ago.  When I first started getting into nail polish, I never envisaged myself buying or wearing anything as 'out there' as Golden Rainbow however this is quite tame for me now.  Like I said above, anything goes! 

I'll start doing proper swatches of my collection as my blog progresses but I just wanted to give you an introduction into my love for OPI.  For now though, here's a pic of me wearing 'Give Me a Coral Sometime'




Considering that I've started getting the knitwear out already, I'm going to have to put my brights into hibernation and dig out the old faithful Black Cherry Chutney, Over the Taupe and Baby it's Coal Outside which tend to be my winter staples. 

Given that all my polishes are OPI, I'm quite insular when it comes to other brands.  I've said many times that I'm going to try Essie, or China Glaze but the pull towards OPI is just too strong!  I would love for someone to recommend to me their must have shade from another brand - sell it to me!  Make me feel like I can't live without it!  Or is my love affair with OPI destined to last forever?

3 comments:

  1. I love OPI as much as the next gal, but I like to cheat on them every once in a while and try other brands. All time fave OPI is Russian Navy! I also love Siberian Nights, LPAD, LPAM, My Private Jet and Here Today, Arragon Tomorrow.

    I really like Essie, however they have 2 kinds of polish: Good Essie and Bad Essie. If you read Lollipop26's blog she likes to discuss those. My recommendations for Essie would be Mink Muffs (neutral taupe colour) and Sexy Divide (a deep dark shimmery purple) Gorgeous!! You might also like Tart Deco a bright coral.

    China Glaze is another hit and miss for me. Some polishes have been fab, some not so. My recommendation from CG are the new Vintage Vixen collection. I don't have any from this collection yet, but they look gorgeous! Rodeo Fanatic, Evening Seduction and some from the Up in the Air collection.

    I get all my polish from an Ebay seller in the States. I think its time to branch out! Good luck ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Leanne, my first ever!

    I've read about Mink Muffs before but not Sexy Divide which sounds right up my street! I also buy from an American seller and next time I place an order, I WILL try some Essie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I was the first!! :oD Well let me know if and when you do and what colour you went for.

    ReplyDelete