Saturday 18 September 2010

Spontaneity rocks!

Eurgh... had one too many gin and slims last night so forgive me if this post is more incoherent than usual...

So with hubby out at football, and Fin out at grandparents, when a friend suggested we get together I couldn't refuse.  We decided to just go into the village to a couple of pubs for a drink and a chat, sounded good!  2 hours was plenty of time to get home from work and get ready, wasn't it?

However, I had the age-old panic nothing to wear!

The town I work in has very little to offer by way of clothes outlets, BHS is about as edgy as it gets... seriously, however there is a little retail park with a TK Maxx and a Next.  The Maxx had a multitude of viscose, fake fur and studs but that wasn't really the look I was hoping for.

So into Next I go...  I don't mind Next, although I know a lot of people don't rate it.  I do feel they have upped their game over the past few years and managed to move away somewhat from the combat trousers / embroidered t-shirt ensembles that used to feature so heavily. 

I bought:


Cream lace dress which I linked to on the wishlist post a few days ago.  Love it!  (Though I may have to return and swap for a size 10 as it comes up on the generous side.)  Plan to wear with black opaques, black tassel platform shoots and pearls for an upcoming night out... might try and fashion some kind of nude coloured flower in my hair.

Then, to wear last night, I purchased:


I'm a sucker for anything butterfly although I wasn't sure of this on the hanger.  It could have quite easily looked frumpy, however I'm hoping it didn't (I did try to take a pic but I was home alone and they kept coming out too dark.)  It's not as floaty looking as it is in the pic and I wore with very skinny jeans from Gap, black tassel platform shoots and some cream chandelier earrings.

So impromptu night out, impromptu new top and then impromptu nails:



Wish I'd had more time to spend on clean up - this is far from my neatest application ever!  But time was limited.  It's OPI Shorts Story which is a barbie pink cream.  About 95% opaque in 2 coats.

So, 6 impromptu gins = impromptu hangover - yuk!  Worth it though.  Plans made in haste are often the best I find.  My friend and I had such a giggle and my lovely hubby came to pick me up when he got in from the footy, so no taxi fares.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment