Friday 24 September 2010

REVIEW: Lush Charlotte Island body tint


What they say:
Get bronzed and gorgeous without ever having to leave the country for warmer climes.  Smooth on our light and fruity body tint for a tropical glow all year round.

What I say:
I'm not normally a fan of the instant tanning options, much preferring the longevity and depth of colour of developing tans (normally St Tropez mousse) however I was drawn to this product a few weeks ago in the Leeds Lush store.  It cost £4.95 for 100g so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've used it a couple of times since then and I'm sitting on the fence.  Reading the description, one would anticipate the scent taking you away to a balmy island with palm trees and pina coladas however, instead it takes my back to clay modelling during my school days!

It took me a while to pin down the scent - dusty? organic? powdery?  CLAY!  Certainly not fruity as Lush advertise and not chocolatey as appearances may suggest.



Results-wise - it does give a nice warm bronzey colour instantly however I would recommend a good exfoliate and moisturise prior to application as otherwise I have found I get a bit of 'drag'



Before application






Immediately after application

Definitely more warmth, no?

I have to say, I'm not converted to instant tanners and will stick to my St Tropez however I can see the benefit of having a bottle of this stashed to top up fading fake tans before a night out, or maybe to even give an added glow to a natural tan on holiday.

I've had no transference onto clothes (though have only worn dark colours I must admit) and today, the colour lasted on me for 6 hours or so.  The scent is still lingering - it's not unpleasant just not what I had hoped for, especially from a Lush product!  Then again, I have never come across a pleasantly scented fake tan product so I can't mark it down too much for that!

Would I re-purchase?
Yes, I think so however it would never be my go-to bronzing product - merely just something useful to have around to give my existing tan (fake or natural) a boost.



P.S. Giveaway heads up!  I'm planning to host a mini 'welcome to my blog' giveaway next week which will be open to my followers so check back soon.  There aren't many of you yet so you will all stand a good chance of winning!  I'll keep you waiting to find out what I'm offering other than to say that I'll be spreading the love with some of my holy grail products :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I am the same as you, not at all convinced by instant tanning stuff.
    I have Benefit Talk to the tan, which does exactly what you describe.. But I find it too messy and not practical etc etc..
    So it doesn't get used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the only one that doesn't rate these type of products then, Stina? I guess someone must like them as every brand seems to do their own version! x

    ReplyDelete