Sunday 12 September 2010

New perfume plus my first FOTD / NOTD

If there's one thing that excites me on a similar kind of level to nail polish, it's perfume.

I feel naked if I'm not wearing it and could easily waste an hour in Boots oohing and aahing over the latest releases.

I don't have a 'type' but tend to go for pretty bottles or perfumes that have had a lot of hype (yes I am a sheep, baa!)  Marc Jacobs' Lola fits both of those criteria perfectly, however my latest perfume doesn't.

It's this:


There was a sample towelette in this month's glamour and I was instantly hooked.  I'm rubbish at explaining scents so I'll leave it to the experts:

Calvin Klein Beauty evokes the ultimate power of femininity and sophistication, while capturing the spirit of a woman who is beautiful from the inside out, with an aura that radiates

The feminine, sophisticated fragrance opens with top notes of Ambrette Seeds, middle notes of Jasmine and dries down to base notes of Cedarwood.

For me, CK beauty bridges the gap effortlessly between contemporary and sophisticated.  It's potent without being headache-inducing and longevity is good.  There's a hint of floral and an underlying burst of freshness.  However... the bottle!  Thank you to Glamour for introducing this fragrance to me as I can honestly imagine me re-purchasing this over a long period of time, but had I have been browsing the perfume aisles, I would have skipped straight past it.  I want a bottle of perfume to look good on my dressing table, like MJ Lola where the packaging has proven to be equally as exciting as the scent. 

Aesthetically,  CK Beauty is snoresville! 

Thankfully, the scent more than makes up for it and I imagine it will be a favourite for a long time to come.  I got mine from Boots for £34 for 30ml.

Anyhoo, here's my first FOTD.



The lips were doing the talking today!


  • MAC Mineralize Satinfinish foundation in NW20

  • Benefit Bluffdust

  • Benefit Hoola

  • MAC Powder Blush in Dame

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion

  • UD e/s in Virgin on the brow bone

  • UD e/s in Naked all over the lid

  • UD e/s in Toasted on the inner socket and blended outwards

  • UD 24/7 eyeliner in Whiskey on the upper lid and waterline

  • YSL Faux Cills Mascara

  • No 7 Lipliner in Nude

  • Nouba Lipstick in 183

  • Chanel Briliant Levres Lip Gloss in 68 

And NOTD: OPI - Meet me on the Starferry







Thanks for reading!

1 comment: