Sunday 19 September 2010

REVIEW: Charles Worthington Balancing Act Dry Shampoo


What they say:
Instantly revive and freshen hair with salon shine results dry shampoo.  It's unique 'bounce back formula' means this multi tasking wonder helps to:

  • Absorb grease and liven up limp locks

  • Boost volume and create texture

  • Freshen hair between washes and 'on the go'
What I say:
I'm normally a Batiste girl, occasionally Osis Dust It but when I sent DH to Sainsbury's for dry shampoo, he came back with this.  Priced at £4.99, a good few quid extra than it's Batiste counterpart, I had high hopes.

First impressions were good; I followed the instructions and shook the can before spraying through my hair, paying particular attention to the roots.  My hair definitely felt more bouncy and the limpness was reduced.  There was no visible signs of powder on my blonde hair which can be an issue with other dry shampoos.  The scent is sweet with subtle floral undertones, definitely quite a clean, pleasant scent.

A couple of hours later however, my head felt decidedly itchy!  I've used it a couple of times since and it's almost like you can feel the shampoo's presence on your scalp!  Not good.  I wonder if anyone else has felt like this, or whether I don't agree with a particular ingredient?  I have never had similar issues with other dry shampoo products though.

Would I re-purchase?
Afraid not.  Particularly when my local Superdrug is currently selling Batiste at 99p!


1 comment:

  1. great review :)

    I have tagged you on my blog for a beautiful blogger award x

    http://sweetcheeksramblings.blogspot.com/2010/09/and-then-i-recieved-beautiful-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete