Wednesday 6 October 2010

NOTD - Essie Chinchilly. The love affair continues...

I've applied Essie Chinchilly for the first time today and WOW!  It goes straight into my 'top 5 polishes...ever!'

I'm sure you've seen swatches of these a hundred times over, but here are mine to add into the mix:

Taken indoors


Outside, in sunlight





One of the reasons Chinchilly has jumped straight into my favourites list is its wearability; I love these putty / murky / clay shades, they are, as our Cheryl (Cole) would say, 'right up my street'.  It's the kind of shade I can wear for work, wont clash with any outfit or accessory (not that this normally bothers me, mind) yet still offers a little bit of interest which I miss when I wear nudes.

Consistency-wise, I found this runnier than Sew Psyched, however this is how I prefer my polish to be so no complaints there.  I was expecting that at least 3 coats would be required because of this fact however 2 coats was easily sufficient.  I did find that I inadvertently over-loaded the brush a few times, it's not one of those polishes you can just dip in the brush and swipe over the nail (I'm thinking OPI Sheer Your Toys - so easy to apply.) 

So a big thumbs up for Essie Chinchilly!  I've been pondering over my next polish order and as much as I want to try more Essie in the very near future, the OPI Burlesque collection is now available to buy and, the magpie that I am, the glitter is drawing me in big time.  Hmmm, ponder, ponder...

P.S. HELLO to my new followers!  I'm finding the comments you have given regarding my blog very useful so thanks for those.  For any lurkers out there, there's still time to enter my Nouba giveaway!  Don't be shy :)


2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely :-)
    I have Merino Cool which I think is similar & I love that!
    x

    ReplyDelete