Sunday 31 October 2010

NOTD - Essie Island Hopping and new lipbalm

I couldn't wait to try this beauty out.  I love, love, love this...



This is two coats and fully opaque.  Very similar to Chinchilly and Sew Psyched in formulation, applied very easily and fabulously glossy - no topcoat in the picture!

It's a murky purple not so far removed from OPI Parlez Vous, OPI? however this definitely has a more mauve look to it. It's unique in my collection and fills a whole I didn't know I had.  I can see me wearing this lots!

In general, I'm finding Essie longevity to be very good, I can get a good 3 days without chipping or tipwear whereas my OPIs tend to average at 2 (though I do find the designer series last longer.)  It will be interesting to see if this continues as I collect more Essies, I only have 3 at the moment so perhaps I've been lucky with no duffs.

Onto something else... my lips are feeling the effects of the British winter already so I ordered the following from Dorothy Perkins for £3 each.



I was sucked in by the cupcake packaging and the scrummy sounding flavours.  I opened up Very Vanilla to find the lipbalm was bright red!  Not what I was expecting from something vanilla cupcake flavoured.  Thankfully the garish colour doesn't transfer onto the lip!  The scent is a bit artificial - I get hints of coconut and maybe strawberry but it's quite fake-smelling if that makes sense - not unpleasant, just not what I was expecting!  They are averagely moisturising, my lips feel smooth and soft after application but I doubt it would be effective on full on chapped lips.  I'll stick to Carmex on those occasions, I think.

So overall, not fantastic but not bad for the money and hey, you can never have too many lipbalms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment