Friday 1 October 2010

October 'In and Out'

Quick post from me today as I am busy, busy, busy!  I've had some self-realisation this week and feel excited for the future, hopefully my In and Out list may give you a bit of an insight...

Ins
  • Beginning my BA (HONS) in Business Studies.  I've wanted to do it for a while but finances have held me back.  At 1.30pm on Weds I received an email telling me that my employers would fund the course (which started 3 hours later!)

  • A few social engagements this month; I am primarily excited about a night away in Leeds for cocktails, dancing and shopping with 2 friends.  2 weeks today, woo hoo!

  • Clearing out my son's toys to make way for the influx of new ones in a couple of months time (birthday and Xmas within a few weeks of each other)  Very therapeutic!

  • The realisation that I have reached my goal weight.  Not the numeric figure I originally planned (I'm  a few pounds heavier than that) but I'm at a weight which means I can buy size 12 clothes from any shop (yes, even Topshop!) and is maintainable without having to count every mouthful or calorie.

  • Autumn TV - Gossip Girl, X Factor, ITV dramas, Katie Price ;-)




Outs
  • The rain and wind, need I say more?

  • My job :'(  I've realised this week that my career is being swayed in a direction that I'm not happy with.  The lure of extra money was strong but  I need to look at the bigger picture.  I want to stay in education but I'm pursuing other opportunities outside of my current area which is training and delivery of work based qualifications for adults. 

  • My almost 4 year old and his bad attitude.  Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits but we are enduring a very testing phase currently.  He thinks nothing of telling me to 'shut up and go away'  or 'don't look at me'  It's getting my husband down now too as Fin seems worse with him.  We're going to sit down tonight and discuss the best way to deal with this as a unit.  Removal of treats will feature heavily, as in no Thomas the Tank Engine at the cinema this weekend, dear son!




GIVEAWAY REMINDER - so far there is one entrant!  NEW FOLLOWERS more than welcome!  Please enter the giveaway - it's open WORLDWIDE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment