Monday 25 October 2010

NOTD - OPI DS Coronation

Today I'm wearing another of my OPI Designer polishes - Coronation.
Outside

Inside



I'm not a fan of silver nail polish, in fact this is the only one I have in my vast collection.  To me, it's just a little bit... er... 1995.  Does that make sense to anyone?  Maybe because it was my colour of choice throughout school.  Grey polish? - most definitely... silver? - not sure.

As far as silvers go, this isn't a bad one.  It did take 3 coats and is still only about 90% opaque.  As with other Designer Series polishes, it is a holo however a very subtle one compared to the others I have.

What I love about the DS polishes is how easily they apply; it takes no skill whatsoever just to swipe on the colour and another positive is that the finish is completely smooth, even without a top coat unlike Mad as a Hatter and Absolutely Alice which have that gritty feel.

This is only the second time I've worn this polish and I've had it for ages.  I can't imagine me reaching for it again anytime soon.  I guess being pretty pale at the moment doesn't help - maybe it would look better with a tan?  But when I have a tan I want to wear bright and fun colours - corals, hot pinks, oranges and so on.

Am I alone in my apathy towards silver polish?  Would love to hear from you x

P.S. A few of us Mums are taking the kids to watch the Fireman Sam stage show today... wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish! I'm a huge fan of silver though - whether it's eye shadow or nail polish I adore any sort of seriously bright metallic shade. I know it can look really tacky but I just cant help but like it :)

    Havent watched Fireman Sam since I was a kid but a friend of mine said there's now a helicopter. In fireman sam. thats just not right!! Hope the little'un enjoyed the show

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! There is indeed a helicopter in Fireman Sam, and a boat, and a jeep... yes we have them all :)

    ReplyDelete