Thursday 21 October 2010

A very special NOTD - OPI Absolutely Alice

This polish was 'the one that got away' from the Alice in Wonderland collection; I only opted for Off With Her Red and Mad as a Hatter at the time but always lusted after the blue sparkles, so imagine my surprise when a little parcel arrived for me yesterday from the lovely Leanne OCD!  I had commented on her blog after she had asked about limited edition products we had missed and mentioned Absolutely Alice.  Leanne had this bottle in her collection and sent it to me with a beautiful card, explaining that she didn't use it any more and would I be able to give it a good home?  Err, let me think... of course ;)  How kind is that?!

Of course, I had to immediately remove ELF Mint Green (which had lasted a good 4 days with very little wear) and apply Absolutely Alice straight away!

Indoors

Outside - look at the sparkle!



Here is two coats and no visible nail which is great for a glitter polish.  I love the golden sparkle which contrasts really effectively against the aqua blue glitter.  I haven't applied a top coat so I do have that rough feel to my nails as often happens with dense glitter polishes.

I haven't stopped staring at my nails all day; they have attracted admiring glances and comments from various colleagues (even a couple of men!)  Such a striking colour!

So I would like to say a HUGE thank you once again to Leanne, and urge you go check out her blog if you haven't already :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww I'm glad it lived up to your expectations Nic! It really was my pleasure, glad that it found a loving home to go to. And thank you for my Nouba goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  2. colour is stunning. loving that shade of blue!

    check out my blog and bare escentuals giveaway!
    www.pinkfairybun.com

    Thanks!xo

    ReplyDelete